Thursday, April 19, 2012

Animatic, Backgrounds and Rotoscoping

Animatic

Iv started creating an animatic from my thumbnails, as filming the rough through with Pip has been pushed back till this w.e I want to be as prepaired for it as I can be for it. The animatic has helped narrow down on shot duration/selection and just in general with getting my vision for the film clearer in my head and being able to show it to people for advice/suggestions.

Backgrounds & Car

2 mates have agreed to do some concept work for backgrounds and the car, I'm hoping to find somthing I'm happy with as it would take a load of work of me and so far I havnt been happy with my attempts to creates them anyways.

Giving people direction has helped me narrow down on the core of what I want from the backgrounds this has seen me take alot of reference from alice in wonderland (1951). I really like the use of colour, dark greens with small bright flowers.

Some Reference Images from Alice in Wonderland










Rotoscope TEST



I rotoscoped some footage of Jacks hands to be substituted in as hands for the monster, I'm not sold on the look of it as the form of the hands jerk larger to smaller back and forth. So I plan on re-filming the same action setting it up to green screen the footage instead and see how that looks.



Rotoscope Test







Also the displacment mapping that I apply in after effects needs to be toned down quite a bit as the fingers need to be visible enough so the hands actually look like hands. And i have just started to attack how to differentiate the hands from the monsters body as it is black on black.



Rotoscope Test with Displacment



1 comment: