Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hand Sizing

In hindsight I should have done this before beginning to animate the strings to get a good idea of what angle they should lead up towards when pulled tight on Pip. However after doing some tests I think I got it close enough to not have to re-do the work.

That was the first point of testing the hand sizes the other is to keep a relatively correct scale between different shots and gage what size hands look best for both shot 3 and shot 5 (when Pip and the hand are dancing in sync together). In regards to shot 5 originally I had wanted the hand to be about the same size as Pip when standing on 2 fingers but now I am going with something bigger, I think it looks better and emphasizes the scale of the monsters more and it also helps the hands looking too small in shot 3.

Lastly when doing the hand scaling it made me think about the perspective of which I am to shoot the hand footage for shot 3. If the hand was lying out flat above Pip then it should be shot from slightly below however as the hand will be a smokey silhouette I need it to be in a position with a clearly outlined shape otherwise it ends up just looking like a blob. Its good this problem has come to mind before I have gotten around to shooting the hand footage as I now know I will need to shoot it from 2 different angles to see what works best.

Shot 3
 Shot 5

No comments:

Post a Comment