Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Slow Progress

Progress feels so slow at the moment, I don't really have much to show for the work iv put in so far but hopefully that will turn around once I finish off my script, thumbnails and storyboards and begin focusing on character design, concept art and the fun parts of pre-production.

Make-up

I bought some body paint monday, I have black, red and white for the evil spirits hands, I'll test it out soon. Wether I use the live-action footage of the hands, rotoscope it or just use it for reference it will be very useful. Darren showed me a great scene from fantasia which is similar to the look i want for the evil spirit, it can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txo06c1k9sk&feature=fvst

Production Plan

I've finished my production plan, my pipe line has showed just how busy i'll be this year. I aim to get all the live-action part of my film out of the way by the time i come back for semester two so I'v got ample time to animate everything.

Most likely I will be filming the live-action part on the semester break, I've spoken to my dancer and she is free, I'll also need to confirm with my make-up artist and film crew what there availability will be.

Scholarship

I applied for the Mick Young scholarship, got a call tuesday to say I'd been shortlisted, I have an interview on friday. Hopefully i get it, the extra cash I could put towards my animation would make a major difference.

Script

Iv finished my first draft of my script, showed it to Neil this week and I'll show it to Darren next class on friday.

Thumbnails

Besides scene 6 I'v finished all my thumbnails bar some refining.

Sound

I'v locked down 4 of the 6 scenes with tracks and also the credits. My amended music choices are as follows:

Scene 1
(Intro) - Crepes "step from side to side and smile"

Scene 2
(Soul 1) - Moby Gratis "scream pilots"

Scene 3
(Transition) - Moby Gratis "jltf 1"

Scene 4
(Possessed) - Hollow Everdaze - waiting on getting the C.D to choose track

Scene 5
(Transition 2) - Undecided yet

Scene 6
(Soul 2) - Moby Gratis "wait for me" - villa remix

Credits - Crepes "step from side to side and smile"

Getting the music locked down has helped me heaps with creating thumbnails to map out my ideas.

Also here's a pic of a woomera, its an instrument that creates low rumbles kind of like thunder, I think I'll use this as a sound effect for the evil spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Just grind through the 'boring' stuff (which I think is fun)You dont seem that far behind,it all good.

    ReplyDelete